Are you an experienced project delivery professional with a background in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Project Controls as well as some experience or interest in Independent Assurance? This is your chance to join our highly regarded team working with some of the UK's most significant infrastructure clients undertaking independent assurance and due diligence on their programmes and projects with values up to £1bn+.
Our team provides an ongoing assessment of the reasonableness of all major decisions made on key programmes and projects and gives a real-time opinion that capital is being expended efficiently to deliver the outcomes of the business cases. We are required to deploy expertise in the many facets of infrastructure and building delivery - including development and programme/project management incorporating knowledge of cost, schedule, risk and opportunity, contract formation and management, procurement and construction - to ensure that we identify and report on issues that affect delivery of value. Maintaining independence and transparency is absolutely vital in the role to ensure we maintain the trust and respect of our clients whilst building mutually respectful relationships. We maintain a collaborative, engaging and challenging approach in our work.
The ideal candidate will already have a strong foundation within construction development and delivery and have some experience of Independent Assurance and strategic/peer reviews. You will provide our full range of services and will be looking to continue your progression through to senior levels, helping to grow the team and the business whilst also taking on a leadership position.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified – within a construction or other related discipline
- MRICS or equivalent, with 10 years' post chartered experience in programme and project delivery including some independent assurance activity
- Confident in taking ownership of reviews and commissions, seeing them through from start to finish, from feasibility to final account
- Able to prepare project reports and reviews, clearly summarising the status of a development, incorporating commentary on all facets of the development at the relevant stage and identifying key points for consideration by the client
- Experienced in undertaking site visits, recording and reporting progress via reports and progress meetings
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and an inquisitive mind
- Possess a collaborative, trusting and respectful approach to work, able to work closely alongside clients, project teams and other advisors as required
- Experience of successfully delivering and working on high end, multi-million pound projects within the built environment
- Clear communicator and presenter to senior/executive/board level, able to understand clients' specific needs, tailoring advice and communications as required
- Confident in managing others and delegating tasks whilst meeting deadlines, ensuring work and projects are running on time and to budget
- Focused on fostering close relationships with clients, resolving issues and exceeding client expectations
- Some experience in business development, including identifying both new opportunities and business risk as well as the preparation of bids and submissions
- Providing leadership and mentoring to junior team members
You will be joining our specialist infrastructure delivery team, with a particular focus on project controls and independent assurance. Led by one of G&T's partners and a board member, the team of people you will be working with are from diverse backgrounds and experiences and as well as being hard working they enjoy business networking and taking part in G&T events.
With a commitment to continuous improvement and lifelong learning, G&T will enable you to achieve your goals, both professionally and personally. As an Associate you will have a hand in the development of G&T as a business, building relationships externally and internally and playing a part in recruiting new talent. You will have a large presence on projects, taking ownership of projects while also managing junior colleagues responsible to you for service delivery.
G&T is an independent construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. We focus on minimising risk and creating opportunities to maximise the value of our clients’ developments and property assets.
We deliver Project Leadership, Cost Certainty, Construction Success and Specialist Consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment.
Our people are some of the most respected and highly trained in the industry. We ensure that we remain leaders in our field by investing in learning and development for everyone across the firm.
G&T is one of the most ethical firms in the built environment. Each year the firm and individuals support charitable causes through our social impact programme giving back to the communities we help to build.
Find out more about G&T.
G&T is a Disability Confident Employer.