Supply Chain Data Analyst
The Supply Market Management team at G&T are currently recruiting for an experienced Data Analyst to support our growing function supporting various major infrastructure projects.
Our team focuses on supporting clients in their drive to engage and drive appetite across the supply market. This works hand in hand in driving supply chain resilience and risk management for and with our clients. These activities require significant quantities of data to be reviewed, analysed and managed by a Data Specialist.
We have a particular interest in candidates who present a high level of proficiency in Excel and business intelligence platforms (such as PowerBI) and experience in developing and implementing interactive dashboards. We are looking for a candidate who is analytical in nature and can interpret quantitative and qualitative data to capture trends, key themes and outcomes in a consistent manner for our clients.
The successful candidate may support public or private major infrastructure projects throughout their programme lifecycles, across pre-procurement, procurement and then the subsequent delivery phase. The individual will be responsible for interpreting data to understand supply chain risk and opportunity across the programme of works, directly feeding back into the relevant client organisation.
- Manage and manipulate large data sets to deliver outputs identifying critical data trends
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data to understand statistical trends and supply market risks for the purposes of detailed report writing
- Assist managers in producing findings reports and managing the data analysis to support informed decision-making at senior management level
- Manage the design and implementation of interactive (Power BI) dashboards to inform clients of potential supply market risk
- Potential to work with managers to directly engage the supply market, to identify risks and opportunities and develop suitable mitigation plans
- Present and effectively communicate key findings to stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their business objectives providing insights and recommendations from a data perspective
Core Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a data analyst/specialist role, preferably within the construction or infrastructure sector
- Experience in utilising PowerBI, with the ability to develop interactive dashboards and provide management insights
- Excellent knowledge in the use of advanced spreadsheets, with the ability to develop and produce robust data models within Excel (Power Pivot, Power Query, Functions)
- Experience with utilising Power Apps is desirable
- Degree qualified or relevant qualifications: data management or economics degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn and drive improvement across the team
- A methodical and logical approach to project tasks
- Critical thinker with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication to provide visibility on work completed and next steps to team and clients alike
You will be joining a team led by one of G&T’s equity partners and a board member. The team of people you will be working with are from diverse backgrounds and experiences and as well as being hard working they enjoy business networking, socialising and taking part in G&T social and sporting events.
G&T's focus on training and development creates the perfect environment in which to progress your career. Within this team, you will be given clear direction and positive encouragement at every turn as well as the tools to drive your career towards promotion when matched with your hard work and effort.
Gardiner & Theobald is an independent construction and property consultancy committed to providing world class service to our clients. Our dedicated team of over 1,300 people delivers Cost Management, Project Management and Specialist Consultancy services from a network of UK and US offices bound by a common purpose - to build a better tomorrow.
We define our success by the value we create for our clients, the fulfilling careers we build for our people and our contribution to the communities we work in. Our own long-term business performance aligns profit with purpose, taking social and environmental responsibility for our actions and the legacy we leave behind.
People are central to our mission. Rewarding individuals based on their unique abilities, talent and hard work, we believe in the quality of experiences and investing in a collaborative culture where all can thrive.
Find out more about G&T.
G&T is a Disability Confident Employer.