G&T is seeking a Project Manager to join their New York City office. In this role you will be delivering Project Management services across a range of projects and various sectors. Services will include management of projects through all phases of design, pre-construction, construction and project closeout.
Skills and Experience:
- BA or BSc Degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Real Estate Development, Architecture or a related Engineering field
- Minimum three years post-graduate experience in one or more prior noted fields
- Strong leadership, organization and communication skills
- Ability to navigate and resolve adverse and difficult situations
- Comfortable in a highly visible, client facing role
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate activities of other team members
- Experience in scheduling at all phases, including design, pre-construction, construction and closeout
- Experience in meeting preparation and management, including development of agendas, meeting minutes, open items tracking documents
- Experience in Cost Management, including cost estimate review, change order analysis and negotiation, cost report development and regular updating and general knowledge of industry standard cost metrics
Relevant project experience in one or more of the following:
- Corporate Interiors
- Core and Shell
- Infrastructure Projects
- Hospitality Renovations and/or New Construction
- Residential – New Construction or conversions, rental or condominiums
Technical skills required include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Project, Sharepoint and Project Management Software, such as Honest Buildings, PM Web, Timberline
- Proficiency in the use of OST, Bluebeam and/or other estimating software desirable but not required
You will be joining a team led by one of G&T's equity partners and a board member. The team of people you will be working with are from diverse backgrounds and experiences and as well as being hard working they enjoy business networking and socializing and taking part in G&T sporting events.
G&T's focus on training and development creates the perfect environment in which to progress your career. Within this team you will be given clear direction and positive encouragement at every turn as well as the tools to drive your career towards promotion when matched with your hard work and effort.
G&T is an independent construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. We focus on minimizing risk and creating opportunities to maximize the value of our clients’ developments and property assets.
We lead the market in project management, scheduling, project controls, cost planning, cost management, estimating and life cycle costing along with business monitoring, dispute resolution, procurement and risk management services out of our US headquarters in Manhattan.
We work on a diverse project portfolio that includes some of the largest and most exciting projects in Manhattan, fortune 100 firms, large mixed-use developments, institutional, commercial, legal, retail, healthcare, education, arts and culture and hospitality projects from $500,000 to $2 billion in value. We currently have a number of projects in the pipeline for 2019 and beyond.
G&T provides excellent career opportunities with a route to Partnership/Ownership. Working in an environment which maximizes opportunities for growth and development, empowers employees to take ownership and responsibility for the successful management of their projects. All cost managers/estimators work closely with the senior management within the firm providing opportunities for hard work and excellence to be recognized and rewarded.
Our people are some of the most respected and highly trained in the industry. We ensure that we remain leaders in our field by investing in learning and development for everyone across the firm.
G&T is one of the most ethical firms in the built environment. Each year the firm and individuals support charitable causes through our social impact programme giving back to the communities we help to build.
Find out more about G&T.
G&T is a Disability Confident Employer.