We are looking for a Senior Cost Manager to work on several projects across California. The projects range from new build to renovation and are within the mixed-use, multi-family, hospitality, retail and commercial sectors. You will be given the chance to work on exciting and varied developments while having the opportunity to develop your leadership skills, both on projects and within the team.
We are looking for an individual who aims to grow into a leadership position and who thrives on challenges and client facing roles. Our cost team lead the cost side of a project often in conjunction with our project managers who manage the overall project. You will be both eager to learn and confident to drive our position as a market leader.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 6 years’ experience in cost management with estimating experience
- Working closely with clients, you will need to be forward-thinking, personable and able to liaise and communicate professionally with a variety of stakeholders
- G&T's aim is to deliver a first class service so the ability to identify prompt and creative solutions to cost management issues whilst ensuring client satisfaction at every stage is essential
- Real estate experience across multi-family, hospitality, retail and ground up office and office interiors is highly desirable
- Relevant local experience in the Californian market is highly desirable but not required
- Delivering cost plans and estimates from concept though construction documents
- Add value to the design process by providing real time cost input into the design team - this can include proposing alternates, value engineering advice, procurement and buildablilty considerations
- Produce benchmark studies and be analytical to advise on feasibility studies and conceptual budgeting efforts
- Producing cost reports to track all project costs including hard costs, professional fees, FF&E, Low Voltage and other project costs
- Cash flow forecasting and management of the change order control process to include review and negotiation
- Review and assess monthly applications for payment from general contractors and other vendors
- Management of procurement processes with the project manager to include vendor prequalification, bid RFPs, bid analysis & levelling, bid summary reports and presentation to client
The team of people you will be working with are from diverse backgrounds and experiences and as well as being hard working they enjoy business networking and socializing.
Within this team you will be given clear direction and positive encouragement at every turn as well as the tools to drive your career towards promotion when matched with your hard work and effort.
G&T is an independent and international construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. We focus on minimizing risk and creating opportunities to maximize the value of our clients’ developments and property assets.
With an extensive client list in the USA, we deliver Project Leadership, Cost Certainty, Construction Success and Specialist Consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment.
Our people are some of the most respected and highly trained in the industry. We ensure that we remain leaders in our field by investing in learning and development for everyone across the firm.
Find out more about G&T.