Hyde Park Picture House, the UK's last operational gas-lit cinema, is undergoing major restoration to revive its heritage and provide new visitor experiences.
Constructed by architect Thomas Winn & Sons in 1914, Hyde Park Picture House was given Grade II Listed status in September 1996 and remains a highly regarded feature of the community.
The restoration will provide a second screening room in the existing basement and improve the accessibility of the cinema. Plans also include space for a café and seating areas along with modernisation of the main entrance.
It is hoped that these renovations will encourage more visitors to the picture house, increasing its revenue and expanding its reach. The project is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, charities and Leeds City Council.
Hyde Park Picture House