We are dedicated to helping the communities we work in thrive.View the policy
G&T Launches Social Value Policy
G&T has launched a new Social Value policy providing a framework for delivering social value activities. As a firm we believe in doing the right thing to make a positive social impact and we have a proud history of giving back to the local communities we work in.
The new policy sets out our vision for delivering social value aligned with the following objectives:
- To create opportunities for social mobility for children in areas where they might not otherwise have them
- To address the skills gap in construction and support the next generation of built environment professionals
- To improve diversity and inclusion within the built environment
- To support the development of our employees and improve mental health and wellbeing
- To reduce our environmental impact and carbon footprint
To help us capture, calculate and demonstrate our social impact G&T has partnered with Thrive Social Value to implement its specialist measurement tool. Thrive provides important governance and a structured process for delivering social value activities helping us to deliver meaningful social value across the UK.
The tool calculates the economic impact of social value activities using the Impact UK Framework which has been developed by social value practitioners and construction professionals and provides the Social Return on Investment (SROI) for each activity. It is derived from government data and respected think tanks, including information from the Office for National Statistics and embraces the five core themes of PPN06/20.
“It has never been more important for our industry to come together to support the local communities we work in. Our new Social Value Policy and measurement tool will help us to continue to deliver meaningful social value and leave a positive legacy for future generations.”