G&T has signed up to the government Disability Confident scheme, aimed at ensuring disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunity to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
The scheme has three levels and has been developed by employers and disabled people's representatives working towards employing, supporting and promoting disabled people in the workplace. G&T has signed up to Level 1 - Disability Confident committed employer status.
G&T is committed to evaluating the following key areas over the next 12 months to ensure:
- The recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Job adverts are accessible to all
- Company information is provided in an accessible format
- Applications can be accepted in alternative formats
- Job shadowing opportunities are accessible to all
- Existing employees who acquire a disability or long term health condition are supported
Tony Burton - G&T's Diversity and Inclusion champion comments:
"Over 7 million people of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition. Many have great qualifications and good skills but face barriers in many aspects of their lives including employment. Becoming a Disability Confident Employer will help G&T play our part in changing attitudes and behaviour and hopefully removing barriers."