Building a diverse and inclusive firm to create better communities with opportunities for all.
Many of our clients, across the public, private and social sectors, are striving to create a positive social impact when delivering construction and infrastructure projects. Going above and beyond delivering amenities into neighbourhoods, they are creating positive legacies for local residents and communities.
We work with our clients to deliver integrated social value plans that give back to the local community and ensure lasting economic, social and environmental value for the area. This includes providing local employment and supply chain opportunities and working with students and adults looking for new career opportunities.
Attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce and supporting social mobility are some of our core objectives when recruiting talent. As well as offering a graduate scheme, we have tailored programmes for apprentices and career changers to become chartered surveyors and project managers.
We are dedicated to helping the communities we work in thrive. Our Social Value policy provides a framework for delivering these activities. It sets out our vision for delivering social value aligned with the following objectives:
• To create opportunities for social mobility for children in areas where they might not otherwise have them
• To address the skills gap in construction and support the next generation of built environment professionals
• To improve diversity and inclusion within the built environment
• To support the development of our employees and improve mental health and wellbeing
• To reduce our environmental impact and carbon footprint