G&T is signed up to the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark.
The Quality Mark drives behaviour changes in the RICS membership by encouraging all firms, large and small, to look carefully at their employment practices and have inclusivity at the heart of what they do.
"At G&T, we understand that the most successful organisations have workforces that are reflective of the general population and communities in which they work."
Adam Glover, Managing Partner at G&T
G&T’s Managing Partner, Simon Jones, commented, “At G&T, we understand that the most successful organisations have workforces that are reflective of the general population and communities in which they work. Alongside many of our peer group and clients, we have signed up to the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark to help us create a more diverse and representative workforce in the construction and property industry because we believe it will have significant benefits for individuals, organisations and clients.”
G&T has pledged its commitment to adopting and continually improving against the following principles:
- Leadership and Vision – commitment to increasing the diversity of the workforce
- Recruitment – engage and attract new people to the industry from underrepresented groups; using best practice recruitment methods
- Employee development – training and promotion policies that offer equal opportunities for career progression
- Employee retention – flexible working arrangements/adaptive working practices
- Employee engagement – an inclusive culture where all employees engage with developing, delivering, monitoring and assessing the diversity and inclusivity policies
- Continuous improvement – continually refreshing and renewing the firm’s commitment to being the best employer; sharing and learning from best practice across the industry
"The RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark will help firms to open their doors"
Tony Burton, G&T Partner and Diversity Champion
G&T Partner and diversity champion,Tony Burton, added, “The industry is currently experiencing a skills shortage and I believe the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark will help firms to open their doors to as many people from different backgrounds as we can and that those people will see welcoming and successful careers available to them.”
Find out more about G&T championing diversity and inclusion on our Careers Page.